- Dimensions are given relative to coordinate system origin, except
for M Trans and M Long which are given relative to the resultant
- Accuracy of calculations is affected by the density of points in the
- All coefficients are based on LWL and maximum draft above.
- The accuracy of the sectional area curve, maximum section area and
location, and prismatic and midship section coefficients are affected by
the surface mesh density, and the number and location of defined
stations. In addition, for trimmed waterplanes the sections are no
longer exactly perpendicular to the waterplane, also affecting accuracy.
- The displacement-length ratio is defined as the computed vessel
displacement in long tons divided by the cube of one-hundredth of the
waterline length in feet.
- The moment to change trim is computed with the assumption that the
center of gravity is at the flotation plane.